- NPK Ratio: The numbers in the ratio represent the percentage of three essential nutrients: nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K), respectively. In the case of MAPCO ROOT NPK fertilizer 10-25-0+TE, it contains 10% nitrogen, 25% phosphorus, and no potassium (0% K).
- Nitrogen (N): Nitrogen is crucial for promoting leaf and stem growth. It aids in the production of chlorophyll, which is necessary for photosynthesis and overall plant health.
- Phosphorus (P): Phosphorus plays a vital role in root development, flowering, and fruiting. It supports energy transfer and storage within the plant, helping with the formation of DNA, RNA, and ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which are essential for plant growth and reproduction.
- Potassium (K): While MAPCO ROOT NPK fertilizer doesn’t contain potassium, it’s worth noting that potassium is generally responsible for overall plant health, disease resistance, and stress tolerance.
- Trace Elements (TE): The “+TE” in MAPCO ROOT NPK fertilizer 10-25-0+TE refers to the inclusion of trace elements. Trace elements are essential micronutrients that plants require in smaller quantities for various physiological processes. Common trace elements found in fertilizers include iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), molybdenum (Mo), boron (B), and others. These elements support enzyme activity, plant metabolism, and overall nutrient uptake.