Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
GARDENZ® Vermiculite Soil Conditioner – Far superior for water retention then Perlite | 15 Liters
- You can add your vermiculite directly to flowerbeds in the garden, or use it as an amendment in potting soils. Adding vermiculite to the spoil mix improves moisture retention and aeration of the soil, allowing for the rapid growth of the plant’s roots.
- GARDENZ Vermiculite is ideal for plants that prefer lots of water, such as forget-me-nots and some irises. Perlite would dry out too rapidly for water-loving plants. However, the amount of water vermiculite holds is not ideal for plants such as cacti or rhododendrons, which need a well-drained soil.
- GARDENZ Vermiculite does not break down or decompose when it’s used in potting soil. That means vermiculite is a permanent way to amend and improve your soil.
- GARDENZ Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral compound composed of shiny flakes, resembling mica. When heated to a high temperature, flakes of vermiculite expand as much as 8-30 times their original size. Historically, much of the world’s supply of vermiculite came from a mine near Libby, Montana.
- GARDENZ Vermiculite is able to help plants more easily absorb nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It can also be combined with other non-soil materials such as perlite and pumice to create custom hydroponic growing media.
Category: Potting & Planting